“Cassia Tora – The Popular Plant from Leguminosae Family”
Cassia tora or Senna tora belongs to the leguminosae family and occurs throughout the tropics, including India Sri Lanka and Philippines. It mainly grows as a weed on roadsides and waste ground in the dry regions and is commonly known as Panwarh, Chakunda, Chakramard, Reli, Elwan, Edagaja, Dadrughna, Sickle senna, Sickle pod, Tora, Tovara, chakvad, Thakara, foetid cassia or Ringworm plant.
The Cassia seeds are processed to extract the Cassia gum powder which is then applied for variety of industrial applications and food application. The applications are based on the properties that favor production. Though Cassia tora gum powder had been applied in multiple production sectors it has a special role in the preparation of medicines.
Rama Gum Industries (India) Ltd. is one of the leading exporter of Cassia Splits and Cassia Gum Powder, We have specialized grades That covers Food, Feed and Industrial applications
Discovery of Medicinal Values of Cassia tora?
Cassia tora is an important medicinal plant of Ayurveda. It is known as Chakramarda and Dadrughna due is due to its therapeutic efficacy to treat ringworm. The leaves, seed and even root of this plant is found to contain medicinal value through which it helps to cure many skin problems. It was indeed a traditional medicine and mainly preferred as a laxative for drugs and ointments prepared for skin problems and in the preparation of other medications as well.
Seeds are purgative, tonic and febrifuge. The roasted seeds are excellent diuretic. A decoction of the powdered seeds are a mild purgative.
Use of Cassia Tora in Skin Treatment
Cassia Tora (Chakramarda) is nutritive and toxin remover. It is indicated in skin diseases and respiratory allergy. The leaves of the plant are used in the treatment of Malaria, ring worm, chronic inflammation of the skin and other skin diseases.
It was the time when there was no media or technically advanced treatments or medications were available. Our ancestors identified Many plants, herbs and shrubs based on their medicinal property and used them in treating many diseases. Cassia tora is one among them that was found to be supporting in curing skin problems like ringworm, leprosy, skin infections etc. Apart from that it is also used for treating liver disorder.
Cassia Tora Seeds in Chinese Medicine
Chinese Medicine applies Cassia tora seeds in the preparation of anti-asthmatic medications, aperients, etc. in China and Chinese also believed that the seed extracts also helps to improve visual activity.
Important Medicinal Properties of Cassia Tora
Cassia tora is rich in medicinal properties. The understanding of these properties will help us to better utilize this herb. These also indicate the conditions in which we should avoid it.
Below is given medicinal properties along with the meaning.
- Vermifuge: Anthelmintic medicine.
- Anthelmintic: Used to destroy parasitic worms.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Antiparasitic: expel parasitic worms (helminths) and other internal parasites from the body.
- Antiperiodic: Preventing regular recurrence of the symptoms of a disease, as in malaria.
- Antiseptic: Capable of preventing infection by inhibiting the growth of infectious agents.
- Depurative: Purifying agent.
- Hepatoprotective: Prevent damage to the liver.
- Laxative: Tending to stimulate or facilitate the evacuation of the bowels.
- Purgative: Strongly laxative in effect.
- Stomachic: Stimulates gastric activity.
Properties of Ricol® Cassia Gum Powder that is preferred for Medicinal Usage
- The Cassia Gum powder obtained from seeds of Cassia tora is known as “panwar gum” in ayurvedic terms and this gum powder is used due its emulsifying property.
- It is for this reason the gum powder is used for curing skin ailments and which is added in the preparation of different forms of skin medications like cream, lotion, etc.
- The seeds also found to show antihelmintic activity for diseases like pheretima posthuma and ascaridia galli due to the presence of flavonoids both the extract exhibit antihelmintic activity when combined in highest concentration.
Why to choose Rama Gum Industries as Cassia Gum powder supplier?
Rama Gum Industries (India) Ltd. is one of the leading exporter of Cassia Splits and Cassia Gum Powder, We have specialized grades That covers Food, Feed and Industrial applications, the company is involved in acquiring, processing and export of guar gum, since 1989. Rama Gum is Organic Certified along with GMP+, BRC, HALAL, KOSHER and FAMI-Qs Certified and recognized company.
The company also offers high quality of Guar Gum Powder, Guar Gum Splits, Guar Meal, Fast Hydration Guar Gum Powder, Cassia Powder, Cassia Tora Splits, Fenugreek Gum Powder and Sesbania Gum Powder.
We have an advanced infrastructure, skillful personnel, and efficient R&D department which promote us to provide high quality products and unmatched customer services at the cost-effective rates to our valuable customers across the globe.